Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Down Down Down Time!!!

LA has become very interesting, as when I lived in New York City I auditioned a ton more then I do in Los Angeles.  So when you get picked up for an audition here, you put so much pressure on yourself to do a perfect job.  You have to nail it, and you obsess over the project.  It feels so life or death, because it is so hard to get seen in this town.  Learning to relax and not look desperate can be tricky when starting a new in LA.  I can't wait until the casting folks know my name here in Los Angeles.  My hustle has to be so strong in this town. While in New York the mentality is "Oh Well, I have six more auditions this week, so I can keep it moving, on to the next".   This doesn't make me like New York more then LA, I am still here to give it a fair shot.  However, I do yearn for more auditions in this industry.  However, if you read all my other posts, you know exactly what I am up against.  What I have learned to do in this down time, is to be creative.  I am learning to create for myself, to write, to use my talents else where, until my big break comes.  I recently started a new project with a friend (A Secret Project For Now) that I will call on my blog the "untitled project".  I had my first meeting with him, and we came up with some good stuff.  Getting my own production company off the ground, and putting our heads together to create this amazing vehicle that is perfect for the both of us.  This untitled project--(if) WHEN produced and picked up-- would put our talents in a light that could never be imagined.  Not to mention writing a story based out of truth, a story that you have never seen before....  Something new... This work session has rejuvenated me, and has put my mind in a huge spin!  I am excited again, using this side of my brain, and putting my energy into something I believe in...  This down time can be crucial as an actor, this is when folks lose faith, and give up.  I am learning that for me this is when I can become more creative, and perfect my craft.  Yes I want an audition NOW, but in the meantime, I am happy with waiting for GOD to present the right opportunity.  While I wait, I will create...