Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I Work Hard For The Money!!!!

My time in LA has so many ups and downs, but I am still enjoying my time here.  I do love the life style more then I do New York City.  However, I am finally missing New York at times.  It took awhile for me to miss the big bad apple, but the time has come.  Can you believe I have been in LA for 7 months?  Where does the time go????

My career is so so slow right now.  I haven't been on a audition in a minute.  Hence, the common theme in my last two blog post.  Sorry... But it is good to vent to you guys...  I started here so strong, and now in this time things have taken a halt, and my ego isn't ready for a halt.  I am finding that LA is going to be a tougher nut to crack, then ever expected.  However, in this time, like I said before I am trying to create and perfect my craft.  I truly love what I do, (I sound like a broken record) and as I wait for GOD's timing, and for the casting world to even know I exist.  Sometimes it is painful, it is hard, it can be daunting to stay positive, and even more hard to not want to give up.  My emotions peak through my soul like a roller-coaster that has lost control and is racing all over the tracks.  Continue to keep me in your prayers as I attempt to fight for what I love.  Honestly the support I get from my readers keeps me moving, and I am not just saying this just to say it, I truly mean it from my heart.  I THANK YOU.....

Many people have been wondering how I make money in the mean time... Trust I am working hard for the money, as I have three jobs.  YES three jobs!!!!  It is insane, but to support my lifestyle I have to have three jobs.  This coming from a guy who has never had to work a "normal job" a day in his life.  Cause I have been a working stage actor for years.  Well, first and foremost, I teach a musical theater dance class in Burbank California to kids 8-15.  This job touches my heart so much, as I love giving back, and watching my kids grow in the arts.  I must admit I am a sensitive teacher, as I give my heart and soul to my students.  And when they disrespect me, I get my feelings hurt.  But I try to remember what it was like when I was kid, and a teen...  Then I brush that feeling right off my shoulder. I truly love this job.   Job number 2; I am a bartender and a singer at "Don't Tell Mama" Los Angeles.  This piano bar is a fun night, and I enjoy this job too.  Cause I get to sing, and use my vocal chops, so they don't get rusty in L.A. If you are ever here in LA, like my fan page; www.facebook.com/whittingtonjr to find out when I am at "Don't Tell Mama", and come in and visit me.  I make great drinks, and I will serenade you...  :-)  Lastly, I work at T.V.I. acting studio as an acting consultant, and this job is not so shabby either, as I mentor students who become members of the studio.  I also consult with them on what classes to take, and how to help them find an agent in this crazy business.  It is ironic that I do this for people, as I am still trying to make it myself.  However, it is great for me,  because I love to help others on there journey in the arts.  Hint/Plug... If you need to take casting director workshops, or some good acting classes hit me up... I AM the hook up!! :-) I do all this to survive, and on top of it, I try and live my own dreams.  It can be hard not to forgot why I came here....  As I try to survive and make money.  I am lucky though cause all three of my jobs are arts related.  I AM BLESSED....

I have auditioned for some theater gigs, that I really want, and I will keep you posted if I book.  I will also keep you posted when I don't book.  Theater is my first love, and I crave to get back up on the stage at times.  Keep me in your prayers friends, as I need them on this crazy journey.