Monday, March 18, 2013

The Nurses Ball 2013

As many of you all know and if you follow my blog, you know I have been working on General Hospital.  This year they have reinstated the nurses ball, as it is GH's 50th Anniversary.  When I tell you to be careful what you pray for--and get specific with prayers-- cause they will come to light!  I am strong believer in GOD and prayers.  Well, I have been praying, and I prayed to GOD, being as direct as possible to get a principal contract on a soap opera.  As I was sick of doing under 5s, (under 5, when you only say under 5 lines smallest role you can get) and I really feel this genre suits me, as a transition to t.v./film coming from my theater background. GOD gave me what I wanted.... YAY!  He gave me a principal contract for two weeks on a soap.  (Here is the catch) This principal contract was me singing and dancing. Whomp Whomp! I asked and I received, even though it didn't come in the package I wanted.... As I attempt to get away from singing and dancing, so I can be taking seriously as an actor, look where I end up...   On television but back on the stage sort of... I am so grateful for the opportunity, and the fact that things are moving so fast for me here in LA, is a blessing...

With all of that said, my General Hospital experience was amazing.  Going to work, being creative, being on set everyday, was a taste of a lifestyle that I want for my life.  It was a big dream come true for me.  Please watch the Nurses Ball the first week in April, and watch me and the soap stars perform!  This years ball has so many fun surprises, and you guys are going to love it.  It spans from three nights in April, but I am not sure of the dates.  And two of the nights you will see my big high yellow face and dimples looking at you through your TV screen.  It is some really good stuff, and I can't wait for the world to see it.

The cast of General Hospital was so welcoming and our director Larry was just spectacular to us.  Everyone on set including the crew, and Emmy Winning executive producer Frank Valentini was on it... Frank is a strong presences as a producer, but he knows what he is doing.  He is all about the work, but one of the sweetest people in the world.  He and his team has put together something I think would be remembered forever, in General Hospital history.   I have never worked with better people in my life.  I have made so many new friends on that set, and it was a privilege and a blessing to be apart of General Hospital!  Actors gave me there phone numbers, email address, it was like a family, they all wanted to keep in touch.  That cast over there at the GH is something very special, and I thought people should know that....  I give thanks to casting director Gwen Hiller for always thinking of me, and keeping me employed in Los Angeles.  I also a big shout out to Rick Pessagno the choreographer without him none of this would be possible.

When it all ended, of course my cry baby butt, teared up.  This time I know why I cried....  I cried because this section of a dream came true abruptly has ended.  I didn't want the magic and the feeling to ever end.  I can't describe to you anymore how bad I want this thing... If passion can grow; mine has grown bigger and greater then ever expected. New prayer:  GOD please give me a contract role for 4 years are more, as a speaking actor, as a principal, on a HIT T.V. Show.  LOL is that specific enough!!!!  At the end of the day, I am blessed and so very happy...