Wednesday, June 12, 2013

All Over The Place Blog Entry #2

The Tony Awards

I was pleased with every bit of the Tony Awards, and it was a beautiful experience.  Neil Patrick Harris was amazing as a host, and I loved every moment, beat, and nuance.  He is so gifted, talented, and just a great personality.  Really a well, put together show....  That opening number was so freaking Amazeballs!!!  It was the best opening number on any award show that I have seen in my lifetime.  Really a brilliant evening, and--yes--I put my ego aside and enjoyed watching all my friends perform on the telecast.  The highlights of the Tony Awards for me was "Pippin" I am dying to see it! Those kids dancing hard/performing there heart out, in the musical "Matilda" WOW!  Watching a friend, who went to my high school, grew up in my hometown, and whom I had the pleasure of gracing the stage with... Mr. Billy Porter winning his tony award for best actor, he did my hometown proud, and I am proud to say I know and love him!  Lastly the legend Cicely Tyson finally winning her a tony award! YES!           Inspired

General Hospital

I have been lucky to form a relationship with casting at "General Hospital", and I have been appearing on the show a ton.  However, I truly think I screwed myself, with being new to town, and being desperate to be on t.v. (and making a coin)  I feel my chances to actually be considered for a contract role are down the toilet.  I keep appearing as a nurse in the hospital, sometimes featured, sometimes more then featured- two weeks as a principal- sometimes just walking back and forth.  This blessing is my own curse, but I have to move forward.  There are other soaps in LA to try and tackle.  The experience there on G.H. is making me even more ready.  I am clear to myself that I can handle a contract role, and know that I would be a great asset to a soap now.  Now lets break down some doors!  HUSTLE! Praise GOD for the opportunity and the learning experience...       Coming To Terms

Networking

L.A. has taught me so much about networking, and I am actually building a pretty powerful and great Rolodex.  I am learning the art of networking, and working so hard to meet as many people as possible.  Passing out business cards, and trying my darndest to get noticed in this town.  This part of L.A. is going well, and I have some great leads.....  When asking a friend for help recently, I was nervous, but he said it best at the end of his email back to me.  "A Closed Mouth Never Gets Fed"!  I will take that with me, and thank you my dear friend, you know who you are, for helping a brotha out.  Hopefully this contact will lead to something big, but I appreciate him putting in a word on my behalf! This touched my heart, and I am learning that it never hurts to ask....             Learning and Growing

Representation

I know so many people will judge me on this one, but I left my agency yet again in Los Angeles.  I am sorry but I don't think my agent had enough to get me in the door.  I am hustling my butt off, and everything I got was through my work effort.  I also just didn't have a good feeling after awhile about my agency.  I just moved to Los Angeles, and I already have went through two representations. Usually I would never leave anyone unless I had someone else.  BUT I AM ALRIGHT WITH BEING ALONE FOR RIGHT NOW,  OK-- HONESTLY I AM NOT, THAT IS WHY I AM TYPING THIS--BUT I HAVE TO TELL MYSELF THAT!  I am stepping out on faith, and praying to GOD for the right fit.  It is so "hard out here for a pimp"-LOL- an Agency is like being in a relationship.  TRUST, GIVE, TAKE, UPS, DOWNS, ETC.  I need to feel like we are on the same page, and honestly I wasn't with both my representation. If you believe in prayer, please pray for me.  Pray that I find someone that loves what I do, and supports me.  Pray that I find representation that can move me forward in the right direction. The search is back on blog world, PRAYERS PLEASE!!!!!!!
          Trusting In God

My Big Surprise

I am yet again venturing behind the scenes on a project, and I think I am ready to announce it!  I am so excited about this project, and I can't wait to start auditions at the end of July.  This will be something new for me, but L.A. has been leading me more and more behind the scenes theatrical.  I am listening to the universe, as the wind blows me in this direction.  Oh you wanna know what the project is huh?
Well.....   I will be the Assistant Director and Assistant Choreographer on "Smokey Joe's Cafe" at the prestigious Pasadena Playhouse!  WOW!  I said it out loud.  This is a blessing and wouldn't be possible, but by the grace of GOD.  I will be assisting the multi-talented director, singer, dancer, actor Jeffrey Polk.  He is angel from the heavens who has been a great support  to me and my move to Los Angeles.  Jeffrey and I are going to put up a great show, I believe, and I think the work will be honest and powerful.  If you are in LA you have to come check out the show!!  If you are one of my talented friends in Los Angeles, I better see you at the auditions at the end of July.  I am geeked for this project to start, and I can't believe that I got this gig, and my first time as a A.D. is at such a big, amazing, theater.  HOLLA!  LOL  GOD IS GOOD....                             Excitement and Change Is Good